- Step 1: Pair your phone Get started by pairing your phone to SYNC: Turn on your car, its radio, your phone, and its Bluetooth. Press the radio's PHONE button, then choose SETTINGS, and ADD. Search for SYNC on your phone and enter the passkey number that appears on your radio screen. You'll see a PAIRING SUCCESSFUL message when the matching is done. Once a phone is paired to SYNC, every time you turn on your car, SYNC will try to connect to it.
- Step 2: Make hands-free calls Make a call with a simple voice command. Just hit the "Push to Talk" button on the steering wheel and say, "Call," followed by the name of the person you want to call. SYNC automatically transfers the names and numbers programmed in your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone to the SYNC connectivity system.
- TIP: Touch the telephone button on your steering wheel to answer a mobile call. SYNC automatically transfers calls upon entering or leaving the car.
- Step 3: "Listen" to your text messages Some phones even let SYNC read your text messages aloud to you so you don't have to take your eyes off the road -- it even translates commonly used abbreviations and emoticons. Many phone features, like caller ID, conference calling, call waiting, and personalized ring tones, are available on the SYNC mobile system, too.
- Step 4: Play your own tunes Plug your digital media player into the USB port; SYNC automatically indexes your music library. Find specific artists and songs -- even audiobooks and podcasts -- with a simple voice command, or with the controls on your car’s sound system. No need to worry about wearing down your battery: SYNC charges your device as it plays.
- TIP: Say "similar music," and SYNC automatically creates a playlist based on the song currently playing.
- Step 5: Never get lost again Never get lost again: Based on your current location, SYNC provides turn-by-turn audio directions to wherever you're headed. Program frequent destinations, like your home, through your owner's account on syncmyride.com.
- TIP: Say 'services,' then 'traffic,' and SYNC gives you a heads-up on any road troubles ahead.
- Step 6: Get news updates Want to know the latest stock report? Final score of the big game? Weekend forecast? Just say, "services," and SYNC connects you to news, sports, and weather updates.
- Step 7: Check up on your car Keep your car in peak condition with SYNC's vehicle diagnostic tests. Just say "vehicle health report" while you're driving; SYNC will run some tests and send an online report to your owner's account, alerting you to any problems. You can also arrange to have SYNC remind you of scheduled maintenance that's due.
- TIP: If your air bags deploy in a crash, SYNC automatically calls 9-1-1 for you, as long as your phone is in the vehicle and Bluetooth-paired.
- Step 8: Enjoy your home away from home Take advantage of every SYNC amenity. With SYNC, being in the car doesn't have to mean being out of touch. Enjoy the ride!
- FACT: Americans spend an average of 780 hours a year in cars, either as drivers or passengers.
You Will Need
- Vehicle with Ford SYNC
- Bluetooth-enabled cell phone