- Step 1: Get directions Rely on SYNC for detailed directions. Simply say 'Services' to dial into the voice-activated network, and then 'Directions.' Then, just speak your destination city or address. Based on your current location, the system provides spoken, turn-by-turn directions over the audio system. It can also access a location you’ve already programmed.
- Step 2: Find a place without an address If you're heading to a business but don’t know its exact address, just say the name, and SYNC will point you in the right direction. You can even search for a type of business near your current location, and SYNC will offer the closest options.
- TIP: SYNC can also connect you to the business you're looking for via a hands-free phone call.
- Step 3: Get the lay of the land Bypass traffic, avoid road closures, and get the lowdown on detours with personalized updates. Just say 'Services' and then 'Traffic,' and you’ll receive a real-time report broadcast over your vehicle’s audio system. You can also set personalization features to text you traffic alerts for destinations that you program in beforehand. Knowing about potential hazards beforehand can save you time and aggravation.
- TIP: SYNC's directions automatically incorporate real-time traffic information.
- Step 4: Stay connected Stay connected with personalized weather conditions and forecasts, news updates, and sports reports -- all using easy voice commands. You never know what might affect your route.
- Step 5: Stay safe in an accident Stay safe. In the event of an accident, SYNC automatically contacts 911 when the airbag is deployed so the vehicle's occupants can communicate with the emergency operator.
- Step 6: Drive with confidence Wherever you’re headed, set out secure in the knowledge Ford can help you get there -- quickly and safely.
- FACT: Voice-activated, in-vehicle smart technology systems help drivers save time and fuel while reducing distractions.
You Will Need
- 2010 Ford Taurus with SYNC