- Step 1: Know football Know how to play football. Though the rules for lingerie football are a bit different, the basic concept is the same.
- Step 2: Be in shape Be in great shape -- and not just because you're going to be half-naked when you play: Lingerie football is a full-contact sport, so you'd better be prepared to tackle and be tackled.
- Step 3: Own some sexy outfits Own a few sexy get-ups. The Lingerie Football League uniform consists of a bra, panties, and a garter belt -- plus shoulder, knee, and elbow pads and a helmet.
- TIP: The judicious use of double-sided tape can help prevent wardrobe malfunctions.
- Step 4: Try out for a team Try out for one of the teams that make up the LFL. There are 20 women on a team, with 14 on the active roster, and seven from each team on the field. The season is 20 weeks long; each game has two 17-minute halves and a 15-minute halftime. Check the league's website for tryout dates.
- Step 5: Know the rules Play by the rules. The LFL plays on a 50-yard field, 30 yards wide, with 8-yard end zones. A touchdown is worth six points; a conversion run or pass from the 2-yard line is 1 point, and from the 3-yard line it's two points, as is a safety. There's no punting and no field goals.
- Step 6: Play fair Pulling off an opposing player's clothes is discouraged by the coaches -- though prayed for by the fans!
- FACT: Lingerie football began in 2004 as a one-game television event to compete with the Super Bowl halftime show.
You Will Need
- and elbow pads
- Game rules
- Fair play
- Double-sided tape (optional)