- Step 1: Kneel on mat Kneel on the mat on your knees, with your back straight and your knees separated about as wide as your hips, six to twelve inches apart.
- Step 2: Lower chest & head Lower your chest onto your thighs and your forehead toward the mat.
- TIP: Make it easier to achieve this pose by placing a pillow between the back of your thighs and calves, and another where your head will go.
- Step 3: Slide hand to feet Slide your hands, palms facing up, back toward your feet, with your arms alongside your legs.
- TIP: To vary this pose, stretch your arms out in front of you, palms-down, on the mat.
- Step 4: Hold pose Hold this pose for 20 seconds or longer, breathing deeply, letting go of stress, allowing yourself to become as peaceful as a sleeping child.
- Step 5: Rise & rest Rise, and rest. Now, back to adulthood.
- FACT: Yoga became oh-so-cool to Westerners in the mid-1960s, when the Beatles learned some poses from Maharishi Mahesh. Now it's hard to find a celebrity who doesn't practice...
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket
- A pillow or two