- Step 1: Print pattern Download and print out the paper helicopter pattern from the internet.
- TIP: Print the pattern on colored paper to make the helicopter more colorful.
- Step 2: Cut pattern Cut out the pattern. Cut only along the solid lines.
- Step 3: Fold flaps Hold the front of the pattern toward you. Fold the top flaps downward so they are straight out. This forms the blades of the helicopter. Fold one flap toward you and the other flap away from you.
- Step 4: Fold side flaps Fold the side flaps inward over each other.
- Step 5: Finish model Finish the paper helicopter model by folding up the bottom flap. Slide the paper clip onto the bottom.
- TIP: Decorate the helicopter by drawing designs with the crayons.
- Step 6: Fly helicopter Put the helicopter in flight by dropping it from a high spot or throwing it high and hard. Outpace your paper airplane competitors and watch aerodynamics in action!
- FACT: Invented in 400 B.C.E. in China, the first helicopters were toys known as Chinese tops, made out of feathers at the end of a stick.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Paper helicopter template
- Printer paper
- Paper clip
- Colored paper (optional)
- Crayons (optional)