- Step 1: Cut ribbon Cut two 48-inch lengths of ribbon.
- Step 2: Lay ribbon out and tape Lay the ribbon pieces across one another in an X shape and tape at the cross.
- TIP: Use translucent plastic netting, found in craft stores, in place of the ribbon to give the balloon an interesting, life-like pattern.
- Step 3: Fill the basket Fill the basket with flowers, candy, toys, or other goodies.
- Step 4: Lay ribbon over balloon Lay the ribbon over the top of the balloon with the ends hanging over the sides. Tape the X of the ribbon onto the balloon.
- Step 5: Tape ribbon to basket Tape the ends of the ribbon to the sides or corners of the basket. Place on your table and let the celebration commence.
- FACT: The first untethered, manned hot air balloon trip was made by Pilatre De Rozier of France in 1783. He traveled 5 and 1/2 miles before landing safely 20 minutes later.
You Will Need
- Clear tape
- or other goodies
- Helium-filled latex balloon
- Translucent plastic netting (optional)