- : Always make incense in a well-ventilated area with no open flames.
- Step 1: Combine oils Create your fragrance by combining your essential oils or perfume oils.
- TIP: Be creative; try to develop something entirely unique.
- Step 2: Combine fragrance and alcohol Combine 1/3 part of your fragrance mixture with 2/3 parts of denatured alcohol.
- Step 3: Pour into pan Pour the diluted fragrance into the pan.
- Step 4: Soak sticks Soak the blank sticks in the mixture for 24 hours.
- Step 5: Remove; dry Remove the sticks from the liquid and place them on the window screen to dry for another 24 hours.
- TIP: Dry the sticks completely.
- Step 6: Light Light the incense once the sticks have dried.
- FACT: The incense clock, which uses burning incense to measure time, was invented in China between the years of 960 to 1279 C.E.
You Will Need
- Perfume oils or essential oils
- Denatured alcohol
- Small tray or pan
- Blank incense sticks
- Window screen