- : While some companies sell star names, the names won't be recognized by the scientific community.
- Step 1: Decide who and why Decide what you want to be your inspiration for a star name.
- Step 2: Do your research Research online for ideas before making a final decision, or call a customer service representative at a star naming service with questions about the different packages you can order.
- Step 3: Register a free star Name and register a star for free. Some websites offer this service.
- TIP: Before placing your order, look for companies that donate up to 25 percent of their proceeds to notable charitable organizations.
- Step 4: Place order Call the star naming company of your choice to order your star or go online to complete your order. You may need an electronic check or a credit card to complete the purchase.
- Step 5: Wait for order to arrive Sit and wait anxiously for the location of your personalized star to arrive. Your gift will have your loved one over the moon!
- FACT: The International Star Registry has sold more than 1 million "Name A Star" certificates since its inception in 1979.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Electronic check or credit card