- Step 1: Find TV button Find the TV device button near the top of your remote, usually in the top right corner.
- TIP: To program other devices, follow these steps using the Other Device buttons on the remote.
- Step 2: Find the on-off button Find the power button near the top of the remote, usually located in the middle at the top.
- Step 3: Press and hold buttons Press and hold the TV button; the TV button will illuminate. Then press and hold the power button at the same time.
- Step 4: Release the buttons Release both buttons once the remote buttons below blink. The TV button should now stay illuminated.
- TIP: If the TV button does not stay illuminated, repeat the process making sure to hold the buttons down a little longer after you see the other buttons blink.
- Step 5: Press and hold play Point the remote at your TV with the TV turned off. Press and hold the play button at the bottom of the remote.
- Step 6: Hold the play button Hold the play button down until the TV turns on. You'll see the TV button blink as it transmits codes to the TV.
- FACT: Remote-controlled model airplanes were available to the public in 1931.
You Will Need
- RCA universal remote control
- Other devices (optional)