- Step 1: Turn ignition on Turn your ignition to the "on" position.
- Step 2: Engage clutch; put into gear Press the clutch firmly to the floor and put the car into gear.
- TIP: First or second gear will work, but try second gear to reduce the jolt when the vehicle starts.
- Step 3: Push car Have your friend or friends push the car until you have achieved a speed of five to 10 miles per hour.
- TIP: Let your friends know when you are about to pop the clutch so that they can get out of the way.
- Step 4: Release clutch Release the clutch pedal slowly.
- TIP: Don't be afraid to give the engine a little gas at this stage, but not too much.
- Step 5: Drive Drive for a short distance after you feel the car start; just to make sure that the vehicle is actually running. Don't forget to go back for your friends.
- FACT: On average there is over 3,000 feet of wiring in every car.
You Will Need
- 1-2 friends
- Vehicle with a manual transmission