- Step 1: Unlock your phone Unlock your iPhone by pressing the Home button and using the touch screen to slide the Unlock bar to the right.
- Step 2: Hold finger on screen until icons vibrate Touch the button for the application you want to delete. Hold your finger in place for about one second, or until the app icons start to vibrate on screen.
- TIP: Delete apps from your computer by removing them from the Applications section of iTunes. Sync your computer to your iPhone, and the app will be erased from both.
- Step 3: Tap the X on the app you want to delete Press the X in the top left corner of the app you are deleting.
- Step 4: Confirm that you want to delete the app Confirm that you want to delete the app by selecting Delete when the confirmation window opens.
- TIP: Download apps you've already purchased but deleted from your phone by finding the application in the App Store and tapping the Buy App icon. Select the option to download the app again for free.
- Step 5: Press Home button to reset the screen Press your Home button again to reset the screen. The buttons should stop shaking, and the app you want to erase should be gone for good.
- FACT: Apple's App Store reported over three billion apps downloaded in its first 18 months of business. Started in July 2008, the store offers apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch to users in 77 different countries.
You Will Need
- Computer with iTunes (optional)