- Step 1: Turn off the furnace Turn off the furnace.
- Step 2: Insert the filter Insert the new filter and begin to feel the difference right away!
- Step 3: Locate the arrows Locate the arrows on the new filter and turn them in the direction of the air flow.
- Step 4: Inspect the filter Hold the filter up to a light to inspect air flow. If it looks dirty or clogged it needs replacing.
- Step 5: Remove the filter Remove the furnace filter from the channel.
- Step 6: Locate the filter Locate the furnace filter. It is usually in the cold air return duct or near the blower.
- TIP: The filter may be hiding behind a door.
- FACT: There are 42,000 living dust mites in one ounce of dust.
You Will Need
- Dirty furnace filter
- New furnace filter