- Step 1: Buy guitar Buy a double guitar that suits your needs.
- TIP: Both acoustic and electric double guitars are available.
- Step 2: Tune Tune the guitar.
- TIP: Use the standard tuning method, or customize the tune to your liking.
- Step 3: Activate each neck Put the toggle switch in the correct position to activate each neck. Flip the switch up to activate the top neck, down to activate the bottom, and position it in the middle to activate both necks.
- Step 4: Switch between necks Practice switching between necks until you can pull it off smoothly.
- Step 5: Play chord Have all 12 strings in an open tuning, such as DGDGBD or DADGAD, and play a chord without moving your arm away from the lower neck.
- Step 6: Play melody and rhythm Play a steady rhythm on one neck, and play a lead melody on the other neck. Both necks will need to be tuned in the same key.
- Step 7: Play a full-sounding chord Strum through both necks, tuned in the same key, for a full-sounding chord. You are now on your way to book a gig at Madison Square Garden!
- FACT: In 2001, an Englishman named Chris Black married his guitar.
You Will Need
- Double guitar
- Ability to play the guitar