- Step 1: Cut your meat Slice the meat or tofu into small pieces. Then marinate it in a small dish with a sauce of your preference, such as soy sauce.
- Step 2: Prepare vegetables While the meat or tofu is marinating, chop the vegetables and set them aside. Make the pieces small because you will be cooking with high heat for a short period of time.
- Step 3: Cook the meat Heat a small amount of oil in the wok over high heat. Once the oil is hot, cook the meat or tofu in the wok for a few minutes, stirring frequently to ensure the meat cooks on all sides.
- Step 4: Set meat aside Set the cooked meat or tofu aside and cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
- Step 5: Cook vegetables Wipe any residue from the wok and heat more oil. When the oil is hot, place the vegetables into the wok, making sure to stir frequently.
- TIP: Add vegetables that take longer to cook first to ensure uniform cooking.
- Step 6: Add the meat Add the meat or tofu back to the wok with the vegetables and continue to stir over high heat. The add the remainder of the marinade and any other seasonings and spices.
- Step 7: Heat further and serve Stir for a minute, remove from heat, and serve immediately.
- FACT: Chopsticks originated in China about 4,000 years ago.
You Will Need
- Meat or tofu
- Cooking oil
- Aluminum foil
- Seasonings and spices