- Step 1: Lay out ribbon Lay ribbon flat on a table. Place a present in center of ribbon.
- TIP: Make sure you have enough ribbon to wrap around the present and some extra for the loops in the bow.
- Step 2: Even out Pull the ribbon up, evening out both sides.
- Step 3: Tie a knot Place the left side over the right and tie a knot.
- Step 4: Form loops Form two even-shaped loops.
- Step 5: Tie another knot Place the right loop over the left and tie another knot. Pull the knot tight.
- Step 6: Finish the bow Straighten the loops. Cut or curl the ends using the flat of the blade on a pair of scissors to finish the perfect bow. Include bows on all of your gifts to really impress the receiver!
- FACT: The bowtie dates back to the seventeenth century. Croatian mercenaries used a scarf tied around their neck to hold the top of their shirts together.
You Will Need
- Piece of ribbon