- Step 1: Hook up Zip drive Plug the Zip drive into the computer. Unless the drive slot is internal, the Zip drive will attach through a USB or other matching port.
- TIP: Zip drives can be used with most PCs and Macs, so they're convenient for transferring compatible files from one computer to another.
- Step 2: Insert Zip disk Insert a Zip disk into the drive by aligning it with the slot and pushing it in.
- Step 3: Copy files Locate the folder for the Zip drive on your computer and copy the files you want to the drive.
- Step 4: Use and transfer Use the Zip disk to edit and transfer your files on other computers, or as storage or backup for them.
- FACT: Zip drives were launched in 1995 -- the same year that flat-screen televisions were first introduced.
You Will Need
- Zip drive
- Zip disk