- Step 1: Research Research online for the best airfare and accommodations for your upcoming flight.
- Step 2: Buy Contact your preferred airline directly or use a travel agent; or buy your ticket online with a debit or credit card.
- TIP: You will need your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, destination, travel dates, and credit card information.
- Step 3: Check your e-mail Check your e-mail for your confirmation and print the documents detailing your trip.
- Step 4: Check in online Log on to your airline's website and look for an online check-in tab. Enter your last name and record locator, which will allow you to pick your seat on the plane, check bags, and print your boarding pass.
- Step 5: Claim ticket If you don't check in online, check in with your airline at the counter or self-serve kiosk to claim your ticket and boarding pass. Have your government-issued photo identification and the credit card you used to purchase the ticket ready.
- FACT: According to the International Air Transport Association, the switch to total e-ticketing will save approximately 50,000 mature trees each year.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Travel agent
- Debit or credit card
- E-mail address
- Legal photo ID
- Record locator (optional)