- Step 1: Check compatibility Check your cell phone to make sure it supports internet access.
- Step 2: Contact an ISP Contact an internet service provider, or ISP. Your mobile phone company may offer an internet plan, or you may need to go to a third-party provider to get the correct services added.
- Step 3: Set up account Set up an account through your ISP for data access through your phone.
- TIP: Find out how much accessing the internet will cost and get a data access plan that fits your needs based on how much you will be browsing the internet.
- Step 4: Open the browser Locate and open the web browser on your phone.
- Step 5: Browse Enter a web address to begin browsing. The phone uses WAP to send a request to the website's server, which identifies your phone and displays a page your phone can read.
- Step 6: Use WAP Use WAP -- Wireless Application Protocol -- to browse the internet, check your e-mail, and download applications and ringtones.
- FACT: In 1973, Motorola introduced the first mobile phone that weighed 2 pounds and was a foot long.
You Will Need
- Mobile phone
- Internet service provider