- Step 1: Put on the cap Place the nylon stocking cap over your dreadlocks before getting in the shower for the first month.
- Step 2: Add shampoo and rinse Put residue-free shampoo on your head and rub it over the stocking cap. Rinse well.
- Step 3: Remove the cap and dry Remove the nylon cap and gently squeeze the water out of each dread. Try shaking them to remove any excess water. Wrap them in a towel for a few minutes or use a hair dryer. It is very important to allow the dreads to dry thoroughly.
- TIP: Do not wrap your dreads, put them in a scarf, or under a hat until they are completely dry.
- Step 4: Repeat Wash your dreadlocks every two to three days in order to maintain healthy, thick, and luxurious dreads.
- FACT: Dreadlocks are both a philosophical statement and a reflection of Nazarite vows for many Rastafarians.
You Will Need
- Nylon stocking
- Residue-free shampoo
- Towel or hair dryer
- Scarf or hat (optional)