- Step 1: Organize supplementary information Organize supplementary information for your essay, like detailed mathematical proofs, raw data, formulas, questionnaires used in research, diagrams, maps, pictures, and detailed descriptions of apparatuses used.
- Step 2: Give it a title Title the appendix. If there is only one appendix, simply title it Appendix. For multiple appendices, title them as Appendix A, B, C, and so on.
- TIP: Organize different types of information into separate appendices.
- Step 3: Separate them Place each appendix on its own page.
- Step 4: Insert the appendix Insert the appendices after the references page of the essay.
- Step 5: Format Format the appendices in APA style: typed, double spaced, and in 12 point font. Set the margins to 1 inch. Include the page numbers on the right and title of the essay on the left. Now your essay is ready to impress your audience with your original research!
- FACT: The Warren Commission Report on the assassination of President Kennedy has 18 appendices.
You Will Need
- Supplementary materials
- Word processor