- Step 1: Try inserts Try height-increasing shoe inserts for a cheap way to add height. They fit in some, but not all, regular shoes that have tall enough sides to accommodate them.
- Step 2: Add a little height Add up to 2 inches with elevator shoes that look the most like regular shoes. With a slightly raised platform or sole inside, you can invisibly add inches without sacrificing style.
- Step 3: Increase more Increase your height up to 4 inches with elevator shoes that may look a little less like regular shoes due to their higher sides.
- Step 4: Try a combination Try a combination of elevator shoes that offer both lifts inside and a slightly higher heel height for a more natural look that also makes you look taller.
- Step 5: Choose your style Choose from a variety of modern styles, from athletic shoes to casual to business. These are a far cry from the ugly lifts of old.
- Step 6: Break them in Take time to get used to your lifts. You'll initially feel like you're walking downhill, but the feeling will decrease over time. Walk on carpet for an hour or so for two or three days to help you get used to wearing them.
- FACT: The tallest people on earth are the Dutch, who average 2 inches taller than the average American.
You Will Need
- Height-increasing shoe inserts
- Height goal
- Right style
- Break-in time