- Step 1: Go online Go online and search for PVC-free school supplies to familiarize yourself with safe plastic-alternative materials.
- Step 2: Download and print Download and print the Back-to-School Guide for PVC-Free School Supplies published by the Center for Health, Environment and Justice at chej.org, where you will obtain all the information needed to buy safe plastic.
- TIP: Download and print out the condensed wallet-size guide so you can carry it with you.
- Step 3: Go online to shop Shop online for plastic-alternative school supplies that are PVC-free and manufactured from recycled and natural materials.
- Step 4: Shop at the major retail level Go shopping online at major retailers where you can also choose PVC-free alternative plastic products from environmentally friendly or green product lines.
- TIP: Look for the standard recycling symbol and don't buy school supplies with the number 3 located in the center or letters V or PVC directly under the recycling symbol. If in doubt contact the manufacturer.
- Step 5: Relax Relax now that you know you have bought safe alternative-plastic school supplies for your child, and you have made the world more environmentally friendly at the same time.
- FACT: Studies have suggested a connection between vinyl flooring and autism in children.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Phone (optional)