- Step 1: Install software Go to the BlackBerry.com website and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for PC or Mac if you don't already have it loaded on your computer.
- Step 2: Plug in Plug your phone into your computer using the BlackBerry USB cable supplied with your phone.
- Step 3: Select Options Go to Backup on the main menu of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Options.
- Step 4: Select parameters Select the data type to back up or select all data.
- TIP: Check the encryption box to encrypt the data if you want added safety.
- Step 5: Back up Click on Back Up and choose the destination directory for the backup file, such as an external hard drive, USB stick, or microSD card. Now you can breathe easier knowing you've backed up all your important info.
- FACT: The first BlackBerry device was created by the Canadian company Research in Motion in 1999.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager software
- BlackBerry USB cable
- External hard drive
- USB stick
- or microSD card