- Step 1: Start on the ride home Start your homework on the bus ride home from school on the day it's assigned. Do not try to finish it on the way there on the day it's due.
- TIP: Sit toward the front of the bus. The further away from the driver you sit, the noisier it'll be.
- Step 2: Manage your time Manage your time well. Use the bus to catch up, not as a replacement for doing homework at home.
- Step 3: Review and study Use the bus ride to review notes from class or as extra study time for an upcoming test.
- TIP: Complete assigned reading on the bus.
- Step 4: Avoid writing Avoid doing assignments on the bus that require a lot of writing or concentration. A school bus can often be bumpy and noisy, making it difficult to work on assignments with lots of writing.
- FACT: In the fall of 2009, a school in Arizona put Wi-Fi access on the bus. Ever since, the rides have been quieter and there has been an increase in completed homework assignments.
You Will Need
- Time management skills
- Reading material
- Study material
- Seat near the front (optional)