- : While this video is awesome, it didn't go to medical school. Always consult your doctor for actual medical advice.
- Step 1: Go intense Classic type-A personality? Embrace that can-do spirit! Sign up for an intense spin class, or for power or Bikram yoga. Hone your inner gladiator through martial arts training, or by joining a competitive amateur sports team.
- TIP: If you’re really hardcore, pack yourself off to fitness boot camp.
- Step 2: Work out with a friend Perhaps you’re a social butterfly -- more schmoozing than sweating. Get a workout partner for walk, runs, bike rides, or tennis games, or sign up your office for a softball league.
- Step 3: Find alternatives Maybe you’re the indoors type: You only run when chased, and the gym just brings to mind painful middle school memories. Bond with other merry misfits by joining an ironic kickball, dodgeball, or office-chair polo league. Or take part in a LARP (live-action role-playing) battle.
- Step 4: Get in touch Nature nut? Honor the Earth Mother by trail running or hiking in the hills. Center your breathing -- and your chakras -- on a fitness retreat, or feel the flow in a trace dance class.
- TIP: Don’t forget to spread the love -- get certified to teach Pilates or yoga.
- Step 5: Cross-train Too spontaneous to settle into a routine? Break through boredom with cross-training, switching up your workouts every other day. Or hop on the trendy train with whatever fitness craze is of the moment.
- Step 6: Start small Maybe you're just really, really lazy. Start with baby steps -- without leaving your couch. Play video games that get you moving, or follow along with TV shows designed to get you healthy. You gotta start somewhere!
- FACT: Studies show exercise not only promotes better sleep, memory, and creativity, but it also can lead to better sex -- for both men and women.
You Will Need
- Desire to exercise