- Step 1: Scream Scream for help as loud as you can if you encounter a flasher.
- Step 2: Pay attention Pay attention to as much identifying detail about the flasher as possible.
- TIP: Notice hair and eye color, any tattoos or piercings, age, and their height and weight.
- Step 3: Run Run away from the offender and get to a safe location.
- Step 4: Report the incident Report the incident to the authorities right away.
- Step 5: Explain incident Explain the incident with as much detail as possible. Report the time and location of the incident and details about the flasher.
- Step 6: Talk Talk about the incident with someone you trust or talk to a professional counselor, if needed, to help you deal with disturbing emotions caused by this experience.
- FACT: In over 90 percent of sex crimes, the victim knows the offender.
You Will Need
- Attention to detail
- Safe location
- Professional counselor (optional)