- Step 1: Have a positive attitude Keep a positive attitude. When you feel like a victim, shift your attitude toward one of empowerment.
- Step 2: Identify Identify the causes of your disappointments and write them down.
- Step 3: Make a plan Find solutions to help resolve your feelings of disappointment. Make a plan and write down the steps you will take to meet your goals and overcome your frustrations with being disappointed. Then take action.
- Step 4: Love yourself Love yourself. Know that you are good, worthy, and lovable.
- Step 5: Enjoy life Enjoy life and take time for yourself. Set limits and treat yourself with respect.
- TIP: Participate in activities that you thoroughly enjoy.
- Step 6: Lean on friends and family Surround yourself with a good support group and meaningful objects or pictures to remind yourself of all that you have.
- Step 7: Release feelings Release your feelings associated with disappointments by exercising or meditating.
- FACT: Exercise helps relieve stress, improves mental function, and increases your energy.
You Will Need
- Positive attitude
- Pencil or pen and paper
- Pleasurable activities
- Support group