- Step 1: Consider your budget Consider your budget. Shaving is the least expensive option, while a salon visit for a wax can cost between $30 and $100.
- TIP: If you're bashful about baring your body, you might feel more comfortable shaving at home. Having a body wax at a salon is best for those that have no problem baring it all.
- Step 2: Plan ahead Plan your hair removal ahead of time. Shaving lasts for just a few days,while waxing and plucking will leave you fuzz-free for several weeks.
- Step 3: Assess your pain threshold Assess your pain threshold. Everyone is different, but waxing and plucking make most people wince, especially the first time.
- TIP: Shaving is the least painful treatment, but can lead to nicks, cuts, and the dreaded razor burn if not done properly.
- Step 4: Assess area Save plucking for small areas with few hairs, like the brow or upper lip. Shaving and waxing are best for the legs, arms, and the chest. Now, admire your smooth skin.
- FACT: Hypertrichosis, or Werewolf Syndrome, is characterized by excessive hair on the upper body and face, and occurs in less than one in one billion births.
You Will Need