- Step 1: Join Get involved in your PTA by joining. Call your school and get contact information for the president of your local chapter
- TIP: If there is no PTA in your area, organize one.
- Step 2: Attend the meetings Attend the PTA meetings. The school will post notices alerting you to the times and days of the meetings.
- Step 3: Volunteer Volunteer your time and help implement school improvement programs.
- Step 4: Help get the word out Help get the word out about the PTA's mission and communicate to the community with flyers, newsletters, and e-mails.
- Step 5: Fundraise Participate in fundraising efforts to help raise money to support school programs.
- Step 6: Make a contribution Make a financial contribution to help the PTA achieve their missions.
- Step 7: Provide resources Provide resources or speak on issues to help impact the education, health, and welfare of kids in your community.
- FACT: Children achieve higher grades, test scores improve, and attendance increases when parents are involved in their lives at home and at school.
You Will Need
- Attendance at meetings
- and e-mails
- Financial contribution