- Step 1: Rub lemon rind Rub a lemon rind over your chrome faucets to polish them and to remove water deposits.
- TIP: Use a toothbrush to scrub around the corners.
- Step 2: Remove water deposits from faucets Get rid of water deposits on your faucets by soaking paper towels with white vinegar and then covering the faucets with paper towels. Let them sit for an hour before removing.
- Step 3: Clean dishwasher Add 1 cup white vinegar to your empty dishwasher. Run it through a full cycle to remove water deposits.
- TIP: Do this on a monthly basis to prevent buildup.
- Step 4: Spray shower doors Spray glass shower doors with full strength white vinegar to release the water deposits. Rinse thoroughly.
- Step 5: Clean the toilet Get rid of water stains in your toilet. Pour 3 cups of white vinegar in the toilet and let it sit overnight before flushing.
- Step 6: Clean glassware Get your glassware sparkling again by soaking them in a solution of half vinegar and half water for 15 minutes.
- Step 7: Clean coffeemaker Get rid of water deposits in your coffeemaker by filling the water reservoir with one cup white vinegar. Run it through a full cycle and then run it again with plain water to rinse.
- FACT: Over 85 percent of households in the United States have hard water.
You Will Need
- Lemon rind
- Paper towel
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Toothbrush (optional)