- Step 1: Go electric Purchase an electric tooth brush to remove stains and plaque more efficiently and to keep those teeth sparkling white.
- TIP: Don't forget to give your tongue a thorough scrubbing to remove the bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Step 2: Scale back the coffee and tea Scale back on the coffee and tea consumption to prevent the gradual staining they cause, and quit smoking -- it can save a lot more than your smile.
- Step 3: Visit the dentist Visit the dentist for a professional cleaning and to inquire about whitening treatments such as gels, pastes, and the popular UV light treatment.
- TIP: A professional cleaning will dramatically improve the effectiveness of whitening strips and treatments.
- Step 4: Use store-bought whitening strips Use store-bought whitening strips that are less expensive than professional-grade products but that can be just as effective.
- : Overuse of whitening products can damage teeth and your gum line and make your teeth sensitive. Always follow the package directions.
- Step 5: Ask about alignments Ask an orthodontist about tooth alignments or dental adjustments, many of which no longer require intrusive and ugly braces.
- Step 6: Opt for veneers Opt for veneers that cover your teeth and never stain or wear out. Smile with the confidence you've always wanted.
- FACT: The great white shark can have as many as 3,000 serrated teeth in several rows at any one time.
You Will Need
- Electric toothbrush
- Dentist appointment
- Whitening strips