- Step 1: Measure the hammock Lay your hammock flat and measure from each circular suspension ring on each end. The trees should be spaced apart about a foot longer than the length of your hammock.
- Step 2: Drill the holes Drill a hole in each tree about 5 feet above the ground, all the way through the tree. The eye bolt should be 2 inches longer than the diameter of the tree.
- TIP: Make sure you use a drill bit that matches the size of your eye bolt.
- Step 3: Screw in the bolts Screw the eye bolts all the way through the holes in each tree. Attach a washer and nut to the ends of the bolts tightly to secure the bolts.
- Step 4: Attach the chains Attach a chain to each eye bolt with a chain link connector.
- Step 5: Connect the hammock Attach the chains to each end of the hammock on the circular suspension rings with chain link connectors. Enjoy the beach breeze with a book, a cocktail, or a romantic sleep for two.
- FACT: There are about 2,800 varieties of palm tree.
You Will Need
- Tape measure
- 2 1 1/2-in. eye bolts
- Washer and nut
- 2 1-ft.
- 1/4-in. chains
- 4 chain link connectors