- Step 1: Exfoliate Exfoliate your face prior to using any acne concealer. This will ensure a smooth surface for the make-up.
- TIP: Take a little extra time and use a facial mask with alpha hydroxy. This will further prevent future breakouts.
- Step 2: Apply moisturizer Apply a non-greasy moisturizer that inhibits oil production so your skin will not start to feel greasy during the day.
- Step 3: Choose concealer Choose a concealer based on your skin color and skin type.
- TIP: Mineral-based make-ups tend to provide better coverage.
- Step 4: Apply concealer Dab a small amount of concealer onto your face and over your zits using either your clean fingers or a make-up sponge.
- TIP: Do not rub it into the skin, but brush over the area with a light dusting of finishing powder.
- Step 5: Look in a mirror Take a quick look in the mirror to make sure the concealer is spread evenly across your skin. Now you can head out to start breaking hearts instead of popping pimples.
- FACT: Anyone can get acne, and it is estimated that almost 80 percent of 11 to 30 year-olds have had an acne outbreak, making acne the most common skin disease.
You Will Need
- Non-greasy moisturizer
- Make-up sponge
- Facial mask (optional)