- Step 1: Lay out the mattress Lay out the air mattress, spread across a floor.
- Step 2: Open valve Open the valve cover and connect the pump.
- Step 3: Inflate mattress Turn on the electric pump or pump up the mattress manually if you're using a hand or foot pump.
- Step 4: Insert hose Inflate an air mattress with a vacuum if you do not have a pump by inserting the hose from the vacuum into the valve on the mattress.
- Step 5: Reverse mode Reverse the suction on your vacuum to make it blow out air.
- Step 6: Allow to fill Turn on the vacuum and allow the mattress to fill until it is full.
- TIP: Let out some air if the mattress is too firm.
- Step 7: Close Close the valve cover on the mattress, lay down, and rest.
- FACT: Randy Gardner set a record for going without sleep for 18 days, 21 hours, and 40 minutes. He experienced such effects as paranoia, blurred vision, and slurred speech.
You Will Need
- Air mattress
- Pump or vacuum