- Step 1: Hand wash Hand wash your bra daily for the best results. Soak it in cold water and lingerie detergent for 15 minutes, swish and rub gently, rinse until the water runs clear, and squeeze out excess water. Then lay it flat on a towel, cup side up, to air dry.
- Step 2: Launder in a machine Launder your bra in a machine periodically. Close the clasp, fold the cups together, place it in a lingerie bag, and wash it in cold on the gentle cycle.
- TIP: Don't use fabric softener or bleach in the same load.
- Step 3: Don't use dryer Lay bra flat to dry. Never stuff your bra in the dryer. Delicate fabrics like lace or silk won't hold up and synthetic fibers will lose their shape and elasticity.
- Step 4: Buy 3 bras Have at least three bras: one to wear, one to wash, and one to let rest to extend the life of your bras. Rotate between them to allow the fibers in the bra to rest and retain their shape. Wearing the same bra every day will cause it to lose its support and let you -- and your girls -- down.
- FACT: Launched in the U.S. in 1994, the Wonderbra was invented in 1964 by Canadian designer Louise Poirier.
You Will Need
- Delicate lingerie detergent
- Mesh lingerie bag
- 3 bras