- Step 1: Melt chocolate Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Step 2: Coat marshmallow Coat each marshmallow in the melted chocolate.
- TIP: Completely cover the marshmallows so the coconut sticks.
- Step 3: Roll the marshmallow Roll the coated marshmallows in the shredded coconut, leaving one end of each marshmallow uncovered.
- Step 4: Place on sandwich cookie Place each marshmallow on a chocolate sandwich cookie, with the uncoated side up, and let the chocolate set.
- Step 5: Make a hole Make a hole in the middle of the side of each marshmallow with a toothpick and insert a cashew for the beak.
- Step 6: Add eyes Draw two eyes on your eagles with decorator gel and enjoy your patriotic snacks.
- FACT: In 1782, the bald eagle was chosen as the national bird of the United States.
You Will Need
- 1/4 c. white chocolate chips
- 6 marshmallows
- finely shredded coconut
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 whole cashews
- Black decorator's gel