- Step 1: Cut a hole Cut a hole large enough for the birds in your neighborhood into each side of the empty milk carton with the scissors.
- TIP: Kids, let an adult help you with this part.
- Step 2: Poke a hole Poke a hole through the top of the milk carton with a pencil.
- Step 3: Insert string Insert a length of string through the hole and tie the ends together.
- Step 4: Fill Fill the carton with birdseed mix until it reaches the holes in the sides.
- Step 5: Hang Hang your bird feeder on a tree branch by the string and wait for some hungry birds.
- FACT: The ostrich produces the world's largest egg, while a hummingbird produces the smallest.
You Will Need
- Empty milk carton
- Bird seed
- Tree branch
- An adult (optional)