- Step 1: Grate chocolate Grate your chocolate with the cheese grater. The chocolate can be sweet, unsweetened, semisweet, or milk chocolate.
- Step 2: Melt chocolate Melt the chocolate slowly in the upper half of double boiler over boiling water.
- Step 3: Stir the chocolate Stir the chocolate while it melts -- at about 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Then remove the chocolate from the heat and allow it to cool for 15 minutes, to about 88 degrees.
- TIP: Check the temperature with a candy thermometer.
- Step 4: Coat candy centers Coat individual candy centers or pieces of fruit one at a time in small amounts of chocolate.
- TIP: Make sure the fruit is room temperature.
- Step 5: Remove candy Lift the dipped pieces with a fondue fork and place them on a wire rack above a drip pan
- FACT: Switzerland is the world's largest consumer of chocolate.
You Will Need
- Cheese grater
- Double boiler
- Candy or fruit centers
- Fondue fork
- Wire rack
- Drip pan
- Candy thermometer (optional)