- Step 1: Locate the largest part of your neck Look in the mirror and locate the largest part of your neck.
- TIP: The largest part of your neck is usually just below your Adam's apple.
- Step 2: Wrap the tape around neck Wrap the tape around your neck and hold the measurement with your thumb. Write it down on a piece of paper.
- Step 3: Stand up straight Stand up straight with your ams down by your sides, and relax.
- Step 4: Measure your arms Start the tape at the center back of your neck, following it over the top of your shoulder, down your chest, and to your wrist bone. Write down this measurement.
- TIP: Ask a friend or relative to help you with this step.
- Step 5: Add some wiggle room Add up to 1 inch to the collar measurement and 1 to 1-1/2 inches to the arm measurment. When shopping for the perfect shirt, remember the collar measurement will be followed by the arm length.
- FACT: The largest man who ever lived had an arm span of almost 9 feet, 6 inches.
You Will Need
- Measuring tape
- Friend (optional)