- Step 1: Get camper involved Get your camper involved in packing for summer camp so they are aware of what items they will have with them.
- Step 2: Use the camp list Use the packing list provided by the camp as your guide. It will likely include comfortable clothing, wet-weather gear, toiletries, needed medication, bedding, socks, underwear, and any gear needed for camping or special trips.
- TIP: Pack items in a large duffel bag rather than a hard-shell suitcase for easy handling under diverse conditions campers may encounter during transit.
- Step 3: Label items Label all items according to camp rules. If labeling guidance is not provided, use a permanent marking pen to label clothing and other belongings.
- TIP: Avoid packing expensive clothing, shoes, or electronics, which could be lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Step 4: Pack the extras Pack the extras for summer camp to keep campers connected to home, including favorite stuffed toys, family photos, emergency phone numbers, and stamped stationery.
- Step 5: Double check Double-check that you have packed everything on the required list. Add a disposable camera so your camper can share their great camping trip moments when they return home.
- FACT: Summer camps are no longer just for kids, as canine camps now provide outdoor experiences and training for the family pet.
You Will Need
- Camp packing list
- Preferred luggage
- Permanent marker
- Favorite items from home
- Stamped stationery
- Emergency phone numbers
- Disposable camera
- Duffel bag (optional)