- Step 1: Make a checklist Make a checklist of all the items you will need according to your itinerary.
- TIP: Pack two to three days before your trip to ensure that you don't forget important items.
- Step 2: Call about hotel amenities Find out which hotel amenities will be included in your room. Many hotels supply hair dryers, toiletries, and pool towels.
- Step 3: Pack cosmetics Pack cosmetics and toiletries in travel-sized containers. Seal them in a leak-proof bag, separated from clothes.
- Step 4: Stay with 1-2 color schemes Keep clothes and accessories to one to two color schemes, allowing you to mix and match separates.
- Step 5: Bring quick dry items Bring a couple quick-dry items that can be handwashed.
- Step 6: Roll your clothes Distribute your clothes evenly throughout the bag by rolling your clothes.
- TIP: Save room in the bag by wearing your bulkiest shoes while traveling to the destination.
- Step 7: Hold on to valuables Keep all your jewelry and other valuables in a small carry-on bag or purse. Happy traveling!
- FACT: In 2008, there were 32.8 million bags worldwide that were mishandled by the airlines.
You Will Need
- Hotel information
- Travel-sized containers
- Leak-proof bags
- Small carry-on bag or purse