- Step 1: Select a wallpaper patch Select a piece of leftover wallpaper that is several inches larger than the damaged area.
- Step 2: Tape the patch to the wall Tape the patch against the tear or stain in the wall with drafting tape.
- Step 3: Cut through the patch and the damaged paper Cut neatly through both pieces of wallpaper a short distance from the tear using a utility knife.
- Step 4: Remove the damaged section Remove the damaged section.
- TIP: Dampen the damaged section to remove it.
- Step 5: Paste the patch into position Apply paste to the patch and place it in position.
- Step 6: Smooth the patch Wait 15 minutes, then roll a seam roller over the patch. If the paper is embossed, smooth it with your fingers instead. Step back and admire your work.
- FACT: Wallpaper was first brought to Europe from China in 1550.
You Will Need
- Leftover wallpaper
- Knife or scissors
- Seam roller
- Damp cloth or sponge (optional)