- Step 1: Choose comfortable shoe Choose a shoe that is comfortable, flexible, lightweight, and gives you enough support for balance and control of movement.
- Step 2: Choose suede sole Choose a suede sole shoe. Suede is durable, provides traction, and is ideal for every dance floor.
- Step 3: Wear dance sneakers Opt to wear dance sneakers. These are great for beginners to wear to dance classes and dance venues.
- Step 4: Get a strap for support Choose a women's shoe that comes with a strap for added support.
- TIP: Straps that come across the top of the foot look sexy and are recommended for most dancers.
- Step 5: Choose tall, thin heel Choose a heel that is tall, thin, and open-toed if you dance to a latin or rhythm style.
- Step 6: Get full-size heel Opt for a full-sized heel for more stability and comfort.
- TIP: Women's ballroom shoes can range from 1.5-inch to 3-inch heels; wear what is comfortable for you.
- Step 7: Buy two pairs of shoes Buy two pairs of shoes and alternate them if you dance for a long period of time. Show off your shoes and your moves.
- FACT: The Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson was the youngest contestant and winner on the show Dancing with the Stars.
You Will Need
- Ballroom dance shoes
- Dance sneakers