- Step 1: Place tofu on dinner plate Put your tofu on a flat dinner plate.
- Step 2: Place plate on tofu Place another plate, right side up, on top of the tofu.
- Step 3: Place a book on top Place a book that weighs between 2 to 3 pounds on top of the top plate.
- TIP: Make sure the top plate stays flat to prevent breakage or crumbling.
- Step 4: Remove book Remove the book and the top plate after 30 to 40 minutes of pressing. Discard the liquid.
- Step 5: Start preparing Start preparing your tofu. Think about all the great soy recipes you'll make, right at home.
- FACT: Tofu is a good source of protein, B vitamins, iron, and calcium, and contains no cholesterol.
You Will Need
- 2 dinner plates