- Step 1: Choose photos Choose your digital photos. Whether they are on your digital camera, computer, or from your scanner, choose which photos you'd like to share online.
- TIP: If pictures aren't saved on to your computer, you will need to connect the camera to the computer and upload them first.
- Step 2: Choose online site Choose an online site that allows you to share your digital photos.
- Step 3: Create account Create an account with the online site of your choice. Most photo-sharing sites are free, as well as video-sharing sites, and will require that you enter a valid e-mail address to get started.
- TIP: Some of the sites require that you have a particular ID. Flickr requires that you have a Yahoo ID and Picassa requires that you have a Google ID -- follow the steps on each site to create the appropriate ID.
- Step 4: Upload photos Upload your photos now that you've created an account. Each uploader is different -- once photos are uploaded, you can adjust properties such as size, angle, and, in some instances, color.
- Step 5: Share Share either by providing those you love with a link to your public profile on these sites, or by finding the Share link on the photo page. This will allow you to share via e-mail or by embedding the photo in a web page or blog.
- TIP: Remember to use discretion when posting photos online.
- Step 6: Use social networking sites Don't forget to utilize Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. These social networking sites also provide photo-sharing applications. Whichever method you choose, make sure your best photos are out there for the world to enjoy, or in your sister's case, envy.
- FACT: In 1981, Sony unveiled Mavica, the first digital camera. Magnetic impulses were recorded on a 2-inch floppy disk, producing images. The camera offered a 720,000-pixel image and 25 images could be stored on a disc.
You Will Need
- Digital photo
- Internet access
- E-mail address
- Discretion (optional)