- Step 1: Hang mistletoe out of the way Hang your mistletoe away from the busiest parts of the house or office, but don't hide it, either.
- Step 2: Monitor alcohol consumption Monitor your target's alcohol consumption, if either person is inebriated then an innocent kiss may complicate things or make them awkward.
- Step 3: Be prepared Be prepared with mouthwash or mints and, when the time comes, offer your target a mint to put them at ease about their breath.
- TIP: Avoid gum -- you may not get a chance to discard it before the big smooch.
- Step 4: Choose a close spot Choose a spot near the mistletoe, but don't hover or wait for someone to come along. Being too eager may give the wrong impression.
- Step 5: Pick the perfect time Pick a good time to meet your special someone under the mistletoe, like after dinner or after they've had a chance to talk with friends and settle in.
- Step 6: Respect personal space Respect their personal space by keeping a little distance between the two of you. If you sense the kiss is unwanted, just give a little peck on the cheek.
- FACT: Mistletoe has been shown to kill cancer cells and stimulate the immune system. An extract of mistletoe is used in Europe as a cancer treatment.
You Will Need