- Step 1: Drape Stretch the scarf out to full length in front of you. Place the middle of the scarf on the front of your neck, bring the ends around to the back, crossing them at the nape, and then bring them to the front again. Adjust the fit around your neck.
- TIP: Wear your scarf with a T-shirt or underneath a blazer.
- Step 2: Pull through Fold the scarf in half and place the middle at the nape of your neck. Then bring both sides around to the front. Take the side with the two ends and weave it through the folded opening on the other side, pulling the ends through.
- Step 3: Belt it Pull the scarf through the belt loops of jeans or pants, tying it in a knot and leaving the ends hanging down your side or in front for a chic belt.
- Step 4: Wear as jewelry Wear a long scarf as jewelry. Wind a jeweled scarf around your neck and tie in a knot or secure it with a pretty pin. Or wrap it around your wrist and tuck in the ends to make a unique bracelet.
- Step 5: Wear in your hair Tie your hair into a ponytail, secured with an elastic band. Wind the scarf around the elastic several times, and then let the ends hang down with your hair or weave it through your ponytail.
- FACT: A kaffiyeh is an an Arab headdress consisting of a square of cloth folded to form a triangle and fastened with a cord.
You Will Need
- skinny scarf
- Elastic band
- T-shirt (optional)
- Blazer (optional)