- Step 1: Keep the dog home Keep the dog at home in its familiar surroundings while the owners are away.
- Step 2: Know habits Have the owners write down the dog's eating, sleeping, and exercise habits.
- TIP: Get directions on how to administer any medications and directions to the dog's vet in case of an emergency.
- Step 3: Brush Brush the dog's coat and teeth when necessary.
- Step 4: Attend to food area Check the food and water area frequently to keep it clean and properly filled.
- Step 5: Play with the dog Play with the dog. Play catch and go for walks at least two times a day.
- Step 6: Give the dog attention Spend lots of time and give lots of love to the dog while you are sitting. Take a nap or watch television together.
- FACT: Sixty-three percent of American households have pets.
You Will Need
- Familiar surroundings
- and exercise habits
- Dog toothbrush
- Medication and veterinary directions (optional)