- Step 1: Keep at home Keep your neighbor's cat at home and in their familiar surroundings when cat sitting.
- Step 2: Get a schedule Get a schedule of the cat's daily routine and have your neighbors show you where food, toys, and litter are kept. Make sure you know where to take the cat in case of an emergency.
- Step 3: Give attention Give the cat lots of love and attention while the neighbors are away on vacation.
- Step 4: Play with the cat Get out the cat's toys and make time every day to make sure the cat gets exercise.
- Step 5: Supply food and water Keep the food and water area adequately filled.
- TIP: Administer any medications if applicable.
- Step 6: Clean litter Clean up the litter area each day.
- Step 7: Groom the cat "Groom the cat":http://www.howcast.com/videos/139-How-To-Groom-Your-Cat according to your neighbor's directions.
- FACT: Americans own approximately 90 million cats.
You Will Need
- Familiar surroundings
- Play time
- Food and water
- Medication (optional)