- Step 1: Fill sink with warm water and soap Fill your sink with lukewarm water and add a capful of mild detergent.
- Step 2: Soak dirty bras and panties Soak your dirty garments for 5 minutes, making sure they're completely wet. Gently rub spots or stains, being careful to not catch the lace or snag the silk.
- TIP: Instead of hand-washing your bras and panties in the sink, you can take them into the shower with you. Use a dab of mild shampoo and squeeze the suds through the material.
- Step 3: Dry lingerie Roll the wet lingerie in a towel to remove excess water. Lay the garments flat until dry.
- TIP: Don't use a dryer for your fine bras and panties -- the heat destroys the elastic and the tumbling can ruin underwires.
- Step 4: Wash everyday undergarments in washer Place dirty everyday bras and panties in a garment bag and wash it in your washing machine on the delicate setting. These garments typically aren't as fragile as lace or silk, but should still air dry.
- FACT: The $15 million Victoria's Secret Red Hot Fantasy bra has 1,300 jewels, including rubies and diamonds.
You Will Need
- Mild detergent
- Garment bag
- Shampoo (optional)